I sent my last revisions for the FSX Twin Comanche model & textures off to Ron early this afternoon, and β (beta) testing has started! I hope that this is a quick run through things, as most of the project should be fairly intact coming from the FS9 version. The most notable changes from the FS9 version include:
- All-new visual model with true FSX materials
- Dynamic Specular map effects
- Implementation of sound cones with distinct sounds front versus rear – digitally recorded from the actual aircraft!
- Two model versions – one with chrome spinners and one with painted spinners
- Custom camera perspectives
- Self-shadowing on exterior model